Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Schnebly Road Again


Schnebly Road Again
I guess you could say we really like this road, maybe because each time we go, we see something different. This time around we saw elk or moose, can't remember which ones they are, plus the light looked different and the marshmellows and pancakes were more visible in the light. We checked out the campground near the road, and found it to be ok, but there are people that stay there year-round, I'm sure. It almost seems like a motor park rather than a campground. But the office was closed and there was no literature on the prices outside, so we could not even pick up some info about it. But here is The Road again, so that you can see it.

Also, about the Moose/Elk - NO I did not get out of the car and NO they were not that close. I used the zoom on my handy-dandy camera and then used software to really zoom in. So it might actually look a little fuzzy if you zoom into it. They kept walking behind trees and I kept taking pictures until I could get one that I could use. The moose were up in the higher elevations not down by the mudpies and marshmellows. At the higher elevations, you have pine trees and mushrooms and at the lower elevations you have cactus and bugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Laura-n-Sasha.com = "Loves the Outdoors, with the exception to Bugs." -- Laura Jevtich of Laura-n-Sasha.com